Monday, March 5, 2012

Tag: I'm it

I've been tagged! The Meme is this:

1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post & then create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag 11 people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

1.) If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

The power to fly. Like seriously. I haven't been to India in 3 years. My grandmother (who I love to bits is seriously ill) wants to see me. I cannot go right now. Darn PhD to finish. Visa hassles. So many niggling problems. If I could just fly myself to her in a minute and spend some time with her and come back and go to work on my stupid thesis, I'd be very, very happy. Sometimes, the sacrifices one has to make for one's career are simply not worth it.

2). What was your favourite childhood television program?

Small Wonder. Tiffany Brissette played a robot who looked like an 8 year old girl called VICI. It was sweet, funny and for some reason, captivating. I also learned my first Shakespeare quote from this show. "Then, window, let day in, and let life out. Farewell, farewell! one kiss, and I'll descend." It was all very funny in the show since the lines were spoken by an obnoxious little girl and a boy who detested her. But it stuck in my head. When I eventually saw a production of Romeo and Juliet, the Balcony scene brought back sweet memories of innocent childhood days as opposed to the true, romantic love it was supposed to inspire.

3.) Have you had any celebrity crushes ?

Sure. First one was Aamir Khan when I was 10-ish. Latest is Ryan Gosling after watching Ides of March.

4). If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Right now, Home sounds good to me. Sigh.

5). Name 1 thing you miss about being a child.
The lack of RESPONSIBILITY. Being an adult means taking care of the mundane. Cooking, cleaning, paying the bills. Finding a meaningful occupation. All I did as a kid was study, read lots of books and have fun. (I sound like a whiny bitch on this meme!)

6.) Name the one comic/book character that you loved the most and why?
I can't name one. It's impossible. Anne Elliot of Jane Austen's Persuasion. Uncle Fred of Uncle Fred in the Springtime and Uncle Dynamite among others. Darrell Rivers of Mallory Towers, Claudine of St.Claires', Major Pettigrew of Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (latest love!), Kitten (Lady Sheringham) of Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer, Della Street of Perry Mason fame, Anne of Anne of Green Gables, Rebecca of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Oh. A million others. Must.Stop.Now.

OK. I also have a huge crush on The Highwayman from the poem. He's awesome sauce. That's it. Stopping.

7). What is the one thing that you are dying to try but haven’t had a chance to do so yet ?

Sky diving. The only thing thats stopping me is that it costs 200$. But I'll get to it this year. Maybe after I defend.

8). Do you have a role model – someone you want to emulate? Whom do you admire the most?

There are so many. PG Wodehouse for his writing. My grandmother for her strength. I will write her life story some day. My niece MR for her fighting spirit. She is not 7 yet, and she has taught me new ways to live. My parents for their unyielding support in the face of all my unconventional career choices like wanting to study till the end of time (or something like it!). Anyone who has the moral fiber to do these kind of things. And seriously, anyone who has the courage to follow their dream at the cost of their bank balance. I want to be able to do that, someday.

9). What do others make of you?

I think I come across as very friendly. I also talk a lot, so they might be thinking why doesn't this woman shut up. They might also think I'm full of it..since mostly, I am.

10). Have you ever gotten into a fight or punched someone ?

Nope. Am very non-confrontational. I may have had an argument or two. But I'm terrible. I don't try very hard to win. Mostly because its fairly pointless most of the time. People don't really WANT to listen. So, why bother.


11.) For Girls – If you woke up tomorrow to find out you are Brad Pitt, what would be the first thing you’d say upon looking in the mirror???


I knew I shouldn't have done Oceans 12.
OK, I'm done. Here are my 11 questions:


1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?


2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?


3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.


4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.


5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)


6). Arnav or Khushi? :)


7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)


8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?


9). Favorite childhood memory?


10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.


11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?

I don't have 11 blog friends. So, I am going to email 11 IF friends and hope they reply, either in their own blogs, or in the comments section here.

Here goes:

I tag-

1). Munchy

2). Chinnu


3). Current

4) Sankadevi20

5). Shaam91

6). Ashvez

7). PriyaprasadJ


8). Dikshi92

9). Nyxx

10). Appy_12

11). Cutemug

Have fun!

Cheers!
Vidhya


PS: If you're not entirely jobless like me, don't create new questions. Or don't create all 11 new questions. Just change the ones you hate. I'd change the asshat ones if I were you. Or change 'em all. Whatever floats your boat.






38 comments:

  1. 1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?

    The last movie I saw must of been urm...the tourist...I actually found it interesting considering i'm not a Johnny Depp fan.


    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?

    Yes I did, it was manna, although now I'm not called that :P and many more but all too embarassing to write haha

    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.

    I actually have to say both! You just can't say one! considering both are very special in my life. Mum's my role model, very strong and a fighter! Dad's also a fighter, he's like my mom and dad now!

    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.

    Hollywood! Bollywood is just too dramafied too me! Can't really stand those lovers, bursting into songs every hour!

    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)

    I actually have no answer to this! Neither yet! Although I would mind both! but loving has something else to it

    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)

    Arnav! all the way! ;) considering im a girl and i have a crush on him!

    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)

    Second one! Money isn't everything in my books but thenn again they do have that saying i'd rather be crying in a ferrarai than a nissan micra so yeah.

    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?

    Strawberries and cream! Hate mango ice cream!

    9). Favorite childhood memory?

    Urm I actually can't remember but I do have this memory where I went to my aunties house and there was this pond. i experimented and somehow fell in there and got wet!

    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.

    Nope not hobby! im boring.

    enjoyed answering these! but too lazy to tag other haha and making my own questions up! lol


    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?

      wow urm.... let seee...I like my chubby cheeks! they make me look cute! haha :P

      Delete
    2. Awww! Hugs for participating and thumbs up for being uber-cute and honest with it.

      Delete
  2. 1) it's not a new movie.. But i just love watching tinkerbell a lot.. Today i again watced tinkerbell and the lost treasures..
    2) i have a childhood nickname.. My mom still calls me 'lothou' (which means chubby in our language)
    3) i love both my parents, but if i must pick one then it's mom.. Coz, she really pampers me a lot.. And we share a very strong emotional bond.. We're like frnds..
    4) I know hollywood is superior to bollywood in every aspect.. But it's bollywood for me.. I'm not a big hollywood follower..
    5) i have not experienced the feeling of falling in love with someone yet.. But yeah, i love my family and frnds.. Loving my dear ones feels gud..
    6) eerrrmm.. Arnav and khushi?? Can i say both?? Coz, it was arhi which attracted me to the show..
    7) as for now i'm happy being solidly worthy and middle class.. And as for the future who the hell knows?? But i'll definately like to be rich.. Though being famous is completely another thing.. Money doesn't always make someone famous.. (unless i'm the bill gates)
    8) i like mango ice cream..
    9) can't sort out the best.. As there are a lot of memories..
    10) i do have many hobbies, but not sure about pursuing them seriously.. Among all the hobbies i'm mainly fond of reading (short stories, novels, articles and many more but mostly prose.. I don't particularly like poetry)
    11) according to me the best thing about myself is that, i'm a gud friend to everyone.. I'm mentally and emotionally more mature..

    Liked answering your questions vidhya dii.. Thanx for chosing me.. But i can't tag anyone or set my own questions, because i have limitations.. I'm mostly from my cell.. So, plz bear with me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dikshita! Your nickname is cute:) I like it. And you know, I prefer Bollywood on most days too. And yes, you are a very good friend, because I asked you to do this, and you did. *hugs*

      Delete
  3. I wish u get to visit ur grandmom soon Vidhya.

    Claudine used to be a favourite with me too;-D
    And just for a moment there Arnav seems to bear a striking resemblence to the Highwayman....a highwayman with a bluetooth, like I said just for a moment there;-D
    Sky diving huh...wow u've got nerve. Go for it I say;-D

    Loved ur tag....got to know a bit about u. Done beautifully.
    Do post about ur grandmom, wd love to read about her:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. And maybe I will write about her. You've got me thinking.
      ASR as the Highwayman..Lol! Thanks for tagging me. I enjoyed this.

      Delete
  4. Hey vidhya dii,
    i also liked small wonder a lot.. I used to watch the re run that aired on star plus regularly when i was a child.. It was really an awesome show..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super cute, wasn't it? I loved Harriet and her family. So obnoxious they were. Her Mom was no less than Manorama Mami on IPK:)

      Delete
  5. Hey Vidhya!
    1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?

    Urhmm...Beauty and the Beast with my neice...can you tell I was stuck? lol But it was a fun evening, and the movie itself is a personal fav..


    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?

    LMAO. Okay here goess...Chacko and Devu...and my name is nowhere close to these nicks..but great memories, I still often get called by these names even today.

    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.

    BOTH BOTH BOTH. haha! Its hard to decide but I guess they complete me...as in I can talk about practically anything with my mom, while I feel Im more like my dad, and find him hilarious. Thats so diplomatic, haina? But Im sure you understand why its so hard :$


    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.

    Hmm...I have these phases of both. Depending on the recent movies that I watch, It'll be that. For now, its hollywood...because I havent caught up with bollywood recently, nothing has really caught my eye, can you guess why? So yeah, hollywood :)


    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)

    ......You got my here, Vidhya. Its a beautiful feeling falling in love, and then, once you've found the person, its wonderful discovering more each day...and theres no end. But I havent really experienced both, well, I dont think I have, unless Ive missed out completely. LOL. For now, I love my family and friends :)


    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)

    ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA. Enough said :)


    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)

    Second one, for suree. Not too much into being famous, but one should be happy and content with what they have. As for the rich part, living in a world like today, money does play a role, even if we choose to not acknowledge that, soo I'll continue my pursue to become a Doctor and marry one as well. haha! Im dreaming wayy too much here!!

    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?

    This is tough. Im having this crave of Strawberries on my waffles, and pancakes these days, but then, Mango is also there....ahh okay fine, Strawberries and cream it is :)


    9). Favorite childhood memory?

    I have a horrible memory, like seriously. But their are just soo many, friends, family, birthday parties, vacations...But I do recall that on a holiday in India, I had fallen in those water tanks underground, and I hung onto the pump for like good 15 mins before someone came to get me. I was probably 5 then, and this is actually a pretty scary memory, but then, I remember my mom telling me afterwards how strong I was to hold on.

    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.

    Im pretty boring, lol! But I do play the guitar, well atleast Im learning too...and I hope to find more time for it with university readings piling up on me...sometimes I wish I can go to Hawaii and escape books. Oh and I used to dance...learned jazz and bollywood lol!


    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?

    I make people smile and laugh, especially right in the morning when everyone around is pretty dead. I always have too much too say LOL That can be a bad thing sometimes...

    Thank you for tagging me Vidhya! I had fun thinking and penning this through...lol Take care!!

    - Dee (nyxx from IF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dee! Thanks for participating. Re being stuck with niece..don't even get me started on the number of Barneys and Doras and Tellytubbies (yikes!) I have had to sit through. But Beauty and the Beast is awesome! And your answers were very interesting..specially the awful childhood memory. That sure sounds scary. And yeah...I hope you marry your dream doctor...may he be a Neurosurgeon with a smile to match his brains:) And making people smile is a wonderful, wonderful thing. Love it.

      Delete
  6. 1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?

    Oh gosh...I think I saw Tin Tin and loved it..brought back so many memories..and the effects are fabulous..a must see
    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?
    hahaha ..In punjabi my DADA (grandfather used to call me Mann Da Mocha..which means a DEAD weight ..ahahaha..How embarrasssing could it get but it was all in love..

    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.

    Mum..My source of inspiration.Made me what I am today..I could write her life story..How she battled all odds and made me what I am today ..She passed away recently due to MND..May her soul rest in peace..Aba was very loving..but Ami was my fav..

    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.
    Bollywood I say..no where do you get a RA one and a DON in the same year...LOVED DON ..So yes Bollywood all the way

    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)
    Never fell in love....so I don't know.@ loving ..isn't that the same thing???

    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)
    Arnav..that is an absolute no brainer..

    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)
    Ok am not famous..and not rich..but would like to be rich..Am middleclass..have seen the extremes in my life..extreme wealth and extreme squalor..so I guess for now I am ok..

    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?

    Love Love Mango ice cream but more than that /..Love Vanilla soft with a chocolate brownie...i know it wasn't an option.
    9). Favorite childhood memory?
    of a huge mansion..trees..playing outside..with simple things..

    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.
    hahahaha.yes I do currently..Iss Pyaar..and mooning at ASR..is that a hubby or my gulty pleasure ..@ one dimensional ..welcome to the club..


    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?

    I am likeable..hahahah ///..and I am an OTT friend..you knw the one that is louder than life..I am that one..

    Now Vidhya..I guess you must be regretting me inviting to particpate..

    From Zainab Aka Current on IF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zainab! Thanks for participating. Your nick is cute. Mann da Mocha. Very cute.
      Re life story...I'll leave that for a discussion on another platform. Re Bollywood..looks like we have a Shah Rukh fan in the house. Sadly, I have seen neither Don (1 or 2) nor Ra.One, though I do love Bollywood myself.
      I'd like to be rich too man. Imagine, to have all that money, so then you can spend all your time doing what you love and not worrying about putting food on the table. Yep. I hear you.
      Mooning at ASR does not qualify as a hobby.Not even for an extremely busy doctor. Sorry. Fail:) And @ one-dimensional---we shd start a club. Society of one-dimensional career women with no life but IPK:)

      And @ last sentence" of course NOT. Don't be ridunculous:)

      Delete
  7. Hi Vidhya! Im so sorry for my extremely late reply! I was at UNI all day! Oh well, here goes nothing:


    1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?

    - I watched memoires of a geisha again. I saw it on tv the first time and I thought HMM.. weird! And then I got the book and read that - and was amazed beyond reason! And if you go back to the movie after the book, its just no fun anymore! Ive had similar experiences with the time travellers wife, harry potter, jane eyre etc.


    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?

    - Well, usually people just call me Sim :p short for Simran. My parents, however, have named me after this lame character that was in a programme once, and for like 10 seconds: Lallu.. yeaah ( you should see my face right now epic..ly boring.) and my brother calls me FISH, because im always cold! And living in this country doesnt help much. Some friends call me mango- chan. ( now i can just imagine all your faces as I write.. W*F?) Thats because of my idiot stereotypical obsession with everything mango - the color, the taste, the drinks.. oh yeah and the fruit. I once even convinced my mom to get tshirts for work in that color and we were so excited until we saw.. they were HIDEOUS! They were DUTCH orange.. ( please google!) WHAT THE.. what happened to MANGO? Oh and the chan part is because I have some friend who are obsessed with Japan.. Sooo they added a little japan (pun..) to India :P

    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.
    - Oh GOSH.. I would say Mom. I have a deeper bond with my mom. My dad used to work a lot and he wasnt with me as much as my mom. My mom is like my BFF we do NUTSS together.. ( yeah weird :O)


    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.
    - OEFFF! I think I would say Bollywood. Especially now that I have rediscovered it after a while.. I became so white I kind of forgot speaking hindi ( no offense to people of a lighter color, if you know where I lived.. Youd probably spray paint urselves too! :D) I dont watch a lot of NEW bollywood movies cuz honestly, some of them are really crap!! But, I like the songs! They are the songs that make me so Indian in a yellow and blue train ( Dutch National Train Colors.. UGH) that im the only one who actually looks alive! :D Plus I sometimes share them with my friends.. I send Jalebi Bai to a friend once ( she calls me jalebi freak.. cuz i am :D) and we both hated the clip but we loved the song.. she was singing it too! And shes turkish.. How i love my bad influence on people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)
    - Hmmmmm... actually I wouldnt know so much about that question! And NO its not an asshat question, youve actually made me use my brain, a feat even school hasnt accomplished yet! I think it would be falling in love. I love discovering someone and once im done discovering aka i know everything about you, I kind of lose interest. About loving, i would think its a long term relationship? ( as u can see Im a total clown on this part) - I have only been in a long relationship once and that did not end well so I shall be staying a clown for a while!


    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)
    Oh gosh! Hmmmmmmm... regarding what? Regarding looks? Character? Wit? I guess I would say arnav for the looks and the charm! and those eyes, Im sorry im such a drooly girl when it comes to him.. ( even though its technically not arnav what were talking about here so I shall refrain from making more comments about physique...) I would say, I love the confidence, the air, the power. The way he knows what he wants. Being a very proud self- proclaimed feminist with a huge mouth ( and a lot of word *cough crap cough* coming out of it) its hard to keep up if you cant handle yourself.

    I would say Khushi because of her bubbly nature ( like mine) her big mouth ( like mine) and her never say die spirit ( I do say die sometimes.. *rolls eyes*) Love em both!


    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)
    - Gahahahahaha if u think u are unworhty please skip.. *wait need to laugh first* .. pff okay. Iiiii want to be worthy and if that comes with middle class or richesse.. its fine by me. I wanna be worth something.. In my own eyes.. I wanna make my parents proud. And as far as I know my parents, money does not make them proud of me. My achievements, as far as a career, a family and who I am as myself.. is what would make them proud. The days that I go to sleep thinking AHH today was a good day is when I feel good and i dont think right then and there, richesse or middle class matters! :P


    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?
    Mango ice cream!!!!! ( reference above: Mango- chan :P) plus im a sucker for icecream ( do not look at my butt, it looks like an ice cream too!! :P HAHAHA)


    9). Favorite childhood memory?
    - The day my baby bro was born! I remember it into detail! I was six and usually my mom came to wake me up with breakfast in bed! We would both have breakfast on my bed and then I would get ready for school and she would drop me off. But this day, my dad was here, way earlier than the usual 7.15.. but at 6.30! ( PLUS no breakfast WHAT THE?) so he piggyback-ed me to his room where my mom was lying ( my brother was home born.. or whatever they call it.. medical terms..) and I jumped on the bed as usual and my dad yanked me back! I said WHAT THE.. DAD? ANd he lifted the blanket and there he was.. on the pillow SOOOOOO cute!! I nearly squished him to death but yeah he was adorable!!


    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.
    - Noooo, not really. Im currently a pro at fainting at the gym ( no pun intended, really, people stare..:S) I wanted to do something with my life ( teenagers, ugh) so I started drwaing and became quite good at it ( I smell eeeegoooo) but I dotn really do it anymore, law kills the crap out of my fingers typing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?

    - I guess the bubbliness.. People usually react really positive ( even here in the NL!) to a smile. And really, ive had my black times and i want to enjoy! I do talk a lot though but thank god people can handle it! ( Im sorry if u hate talkers, cuz this post is like one of my law books.. heavy, uncontrollable, full of word *cough crap cough* and very well capable of knocking people out!

    Wow, I had fun!!! I hope you feel my love Vidhya! Am a huge fan! ( i think its already tuesday there now but oh welll, some loving for tuesday!) xoxo
    - Sankadevi ( aka Simran :P)
    Ps. just needed to add this: when my lecturers ask of me a legal memorandum of 1500 words, i think CRAP and 1500 is nothing really, the post i just posted here was 1314 words long! ( the upper two are mine too :P only this one is named!) Sorry for spamming ur blog! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK..Mango-chan...you are officially awesome. Your answers rock. I know why your moniker is SankaDevi. You are very like Khushi. (minus the pom-poms!) Bubbly, sweet, chatty, honest and very WYSIWYG. I like. I like a lot. As for making your parents proud...you probably already have. Who wouldn't be proud to have a girl like you? And you and I share a favorite childhood memory. Mine's the day by baby bro ( I was 6 also!) was born too.

      I feel your love and I raise it Simran.

      If I ever visit the Netherlands, I'll buy you coffee for these answers:)

      This tag is probably the best thing I've done. I'm getting to know so many wonderful people. Love it.

      Delete
    2. Hey vidhya, aww ur too sweet! I like this tagging idea too! It's so much fun to get to know people - and I love meeting new people who actually have the weird crazy mind set! It's awesome that your memory is the same as mine! My brother and I grew up together so closely that we basically know everything about each other don't know what id do without him!

      Hahahah please do come to the NL some day! I'll show you the good parts! And the 3 starbucks or something we have in the entire country :p

      xoxo
      Simran

      Delete
  10. @vidhya dii: i'm so glad u liked my reply..
    And yeah, harriet and her family!! How can i forget them.. Her mom was the typical manorma.. The way she said 'no no no nononono no'..

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?
    Ans: Hmm.. It was a telugu flick. 'Love Failure'. I told you about this, remember?? It was a light breezy film. Plus, Siddharth's a sweetheart. I mean, it's one of those o movies that you can bring home and watch it with your whole clan behind you! Yea, our family does that every once in a while! Shit! I'm making you feel more homesick, aren't I? Ugh!! But don't worry.. Sometimes it's plain awkward!

    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?
    Ans: Appi. People still call me Appi. There's a story behind it. Should i post it? I will post it! ;) Okay, so when i was born, I had this cousin Aayush(still have!)who was six moths old then. I was named Apeksha, and he being only six moths old, couldn't pronounce it.. even after he learnt some pretty big words. So he saterted calling me Appi. And everyone followed to my utter annoyance after i grew up! Now, I'm just used to it!


    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.
    Ans: Hmm.. How do i answer this? I'll say Daddy. Because i'm a total daddy's daughter. I'm the younger daughter at home. Soo.. In our house, it's like this: My dad pampers me.. not much, but he's sweetheart! My mum sets me straight, and my sis spoils me!


    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.
    Ans: Hmmm.. Bollywood maybe. Because we're watchingIPK, which has so many bollywood scenes.. Now I don't have to explain this to the author of spoofathon and Ek Chutki!!;) :P But hollywood because there are intelligent movies there. Technically i didn;t really answer your question, right? Forgive me!


    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)
    Ans: Falling in love. I'm 18.Justified.


    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)
    Ans: Arnav. I'm an 18 yo girl. Justified again!


    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)
    Ans: Mostly middle class!


    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?
    Ans: Strawberries and cream. Because I like mangoes the way they are. Me and my sister always accuse our grandmothers of polluting the mangoes when they make stuff like pickles with mangoes. That doesn't stop us from eating the pickles, though!!


    9). Favorite childhood memory?
    Ans: There are soo many!! Plus, I'm still a child! Soo.. ;)


    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.
    Ans: I'm into music. I sing, and play the piano. I'm taking professional training in carnatic music. So, music. It's my passion, and i pursue it quite seriously. And don't worry deah! Bright days will come! :)

    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?
    Ans: I smile a lot.. like a lott!! People tell that to me a lot! And i make ppl around me smile too.. oh, and I'm freakishly tall! 5'10"!

    I'm extremely sorry for this 24 hour delay in replying. I could've done it in the afternoon, after coming back from the exam, but i slept off!! Dozed off! And i had a lot of fun answering the qusetions! Thanks a lot Vidhya.. (should i call you di?) And I really hope you get a chance to come back to India at the earliest! I know, grandmothers can be real sweet! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Miss 17-and-1/2 year-old-who-says-she-is-18:) Your answers were very interesting Appy. (And you can call me Di if you want to, but I don't care. Vidhya is fine.) You are tall..5'10" is awesome. And if you smile a lot..thats a very good thing. And I love that you are still a child...enjoy it dearest. Enjoy it as long as you can:) And I hope I get to go see Granny too. Thanks for thinking of me in some of your answers. That tells me you don't just smile a lot, you are also very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..I forgot. I also learned Carnatic music for a few years..but I gave it up exactly when I was getting to learn the complicated kirthanams. You keep at it and I hope to hear you sing some day.

      Delete
    2. Vidhya,(I decided to keep this coz maybe, it'll make you feel younger?!) you're really sweet! Thanks for making me smile this early during the day.. I'm still having my morning coffee.. which i forgot to mention, i love! i love my morning filter coffee! :) And I still have to get to the complicated kirthanams.. My sir is in the US now.. So.. that'll probably take some time!
      And thanks a ton! I really enjoyed doing this! Let's have more of these, so we'll get to know each other more! :) :)

      Delete
  13. 1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?
    hmm..the last movie i saw was agneepath..and i liked it..
    'tu na thamega kabhi..tu na thakega kabhi..kar shapath..agneepath!'
    i was surprised by the chocolate image rishi kapoor doing a badass!


    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?
    oh i have plenty..i am the youngest,,people called me whatever they wanted to. first i ws lucky (yes sounds like a dogs name but my birth was very lucky for my dad..he got through UPSC..so thats why!) and the name which struck was 'buchki' (which in maithili dialect means tiny)...though im a respectable 5ft 5 inches now!!



    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.
    hmmm.if i HAD to choose one i would say mum. and to be honest i dont know why. i love her to distraction. her smile makes my day. cant see her upset and would gladly do anything she wants me to to.:P

    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.
    im so desi. its all hindi music for me and hindi movies. though i am not much of a movie buff, but its bollywood all the way. nothing works as a better stress reliever than a typical masala movie like...agneepath or the dirty picture, or andaz apna apna...or kal ho na ho ...many!!

    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)
    hmm..loving is something i do every second of every day. loving is a vast vast emotion. you can love a lot of people a lot of things. falling in love is something that doesnt happen everyday. i dont know if what i have been through is 'love' but its a dizzy thing, makes you go nuts and enjoy being mad...since its rare and so much fun..i would pick flling in love!:)..but falling in love is shortlived...loving endures. i hopw i interpreted this question in the right way.

    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)
    arnavvvvv....all the way!! but on second thoughts i love khushi's spunk and ready to meet any challenge attitude.

    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)
    hmm..i dont care for being famous but i would LOVE to be rich. so that i could do what i wanted to do rather than what i HAD to do.middle class i already am, and its fun too. i mean where is the fun when everything is served to you on a platter. i like to save up and but things and savour the feeling. but yeah, i would never say no to more money.:)

    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?
    hmm..i come from the heartland of india famous for mangoes and lichis.:)..mango it is for me...and my favourite mango ice cream is from naturals ie cream parlor in mumbai...heaven!! bliss!!!

    9). Favorite childhood memory?
    hmm..favorite would be when al five of us(ma papa me and my elder sisters) used to live together, that is before we all left home to pursue our careers(god i hate the word at times). me and my sisters gossip till wee hours of the morning..it used to be awesome..we still do whenever we meet up. my sisters have been second and third moms to me...as in they even told me how to use sanitary napkins..so..:)..god i love them and miss them so much that it aches!





    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.
    hmmm...ASR?? waise i read a lot,but reading is no more a hobby..its a way of life. i cnt imagine living and not readng books at all. so i would say, currently nothing much, since im so bogged down by academics and future ke plans.:(...so dont feel bad. im right there with you!

    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?
    hmm...i like the fact that i dont get scared by problems. i have seen many, faced even more and come out of them all. so yes, life doesnt intimidate me much and thats why im almost always chilled out and relaxed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very, very sensible answers my dear. I think I understand Shaam91 a little more now. She is practical, independent, lives life to the fullest and has the best answer when it comes to falling in love versus loving:) Also, thumbs up for reading being a way of life. Me too! Thanks for participating and hugs for such insightful answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and im a sucker for kind praising words. thanks BEY!:)
      *hugs*
      shaam91(too lazy to log in)

      Delete
  15. Hi Vidhya,

    Sorry for the delay, was out of town yesterday. Thank you for inviting me to answer these questions. I had fun answering them and they brought back some meories dear to me.

    1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?
    I watched Italian Job again a couple of days back and this movie is one of my favourites. It is a complete action thriller and not to mention Mark Wahlberg (yes,I drool over him too). Everytime I watch this movie, I want to buy a Mini Cooper..(God I have to save for this now)

    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?
    I am the youngest in my family and everybody has named me something or the other, but the one most dearest to me was 'Laddu' (coz i was really chubby then) which was given to me by my dad. He doesn't call me that anymore though and I sometimes miss it :(

    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.
    I will have to say Dad, cause he has always been my partner in crime. Always shielded me from my mom's wrath and spoilt me rotten :)

    4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.
    I am a true blue Bollywood fan. I love all the drama, emotions, action, song and dance. It is so much fun and though they lose out on the logic part most of the times i like Bollywood. It is pure Entertainment, Entertainment and Entertainment and i love to be entertained (God, i sound so cheeky)

    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)
    Falling in love right now cause I miss that feeling and hope to meet an Arnav soon (cheeky again, i know)

    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)
    You don't even have to ask me that question...Arnav all the way (my folks think i am a goner). I walk Arnav,I talk Arnav, I breathe Arnav and I ---------- Arnav (you can fill in the blanks with whatever comes to your mind...the naughtier the better)
    I know you might be thinking ‘God! why did I invite Priya to answer these questions’..but you did and now have to read these answers :)

    7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)
    Famous, na but RICH, yes. I would like to be rich and solidly worthy every penny.

    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?
    Strawberries and cream, for one, they come in my fav colour, red. I live in Bangalore and Chocolate Mousse with cream from Corner House is my fav though.

    9). Favorite childhood memory?
    Holidays with my cousins…they were freakishly awesome....though they teased me all the time cause I was the youngest, these memories are the ones we reminisce now and have a hearty laugh…I so love my cousins..they are THE BEST.

    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.
    Count me in the Society of one-dimensional life career woman with no life but IPK.

    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?
    Positivity towards life and a never say die attitude. I like being happy and always believe that everyone deserves to be happy in their life. You can be happy only if YOU want to be (no matter what the situation is). Keep Smiling.

    Priya

    P.S. I hope you meet your grandma soon..i loved mine and miss her tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Priya! I have a soft corner for Mini Coopers myself:) And I've been to Bangalore a bunch of times...I had Lychee with ice-cream at the Corner House the one time I went there..it was awesome. Holidays with cousins are always wonderful...I had the bestest times with mine. And to stay positive is probably the single best quality to help you cope with whatever life throws at you. Also, I'd have never guessed, but Miss Priya has a naughty streak:) Chalo...I hope you find an Arnav very soon!

      Delete
  16. Hello ....This is a test ! Hope it works.

    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Vidhs...This is quite KEWL!! Thank You for tagging me. And very sorry for the late reply.My health is not quite well lately.

    To start off with..( My answers might be quite AssHaTT..LOL!!)
    1). Which is the last movie you saw and did you like it?
    Recently ...was "Agneepath".Violence epitome!! But...I LLLoooved Rishi n Sanjay...there acting was Superb!! Rishi in Particular , when he was selling Vijay's Sis...that was splendid...I hated him...it was loathing to the hilt...but was so powerful!!!
    Music was Mind Blasting...although Hrithik was in the BG...LOL!!

    2). Do you have a childhood nickname and what is it?
    Yup!! I have many...HINA is the name given n called in my maternal side of family and Ash is from College and quite close friends and ofcourse...Hubby dear:-)))BTW the name is Khan...Arshia Khan.HHEHHEHE!!!Yeah!! I know one more "KHAN" Sucks eh??? LOL!!

    3). Mommy or Daddy? (Don't say both!) Explain.
    Definitely DAD...He was my CHUM.He understood me in & out.Gave me the space I wanted...he is nomore , and I miss hium tons.Like, u sometimes need that person, who wld just look at u and understand the turmoil u r in and just a smile is enough to give the power to come out of it...and it was my DAD..he never pre -judged me.Thats the quality I want to give it to my kids.Although I am so much like my MUM, always nagging them...hehehehh!!



    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ash!(ashvez from IF?)..so u are arshia..what a nice name.:)
      yeah this is shaam(shambhavi btw).
      @maxine..i try try try..but i cant help spamming.:(

      shaam91

      Delete
    2. I agree...Arshia is a lovely lovely name. And you have my permission to spam Shaam.

      Delete
    3. Thank u Shaam n Vidhya.
      Vidhya, ur name also speaks ur intelligence...ur a Genie sweety...and ur humour..toh I Am totally Fida!!
      I have the permission To spam,so here I go...Shaam( I adore ur name..it's musical..Sambhavi...)..BTW..how was the interview??? Long time I didn't see u.I had Pmed u.Hope u got it.

      Delete
  18. 4). Bollywood or Hollywood? Say why.
    Can I say both?? PLeaaase !!Pleeaase...!!Bollywood...because its just like some dream...makes life look beautiful...things shown are unrealistic but enjoyable...and no one can beat the songs...they really make u tap n go into a different world.Comedies are side-splitting,some of them not all.
    Hollywood- coz its crisp and TRUE.Realistic n Natural...the characters sans makeup and yet so beautiful...expressions...u can die for.And MEN are super HAWT!!! and KEWL!!Better storylines, more experimental, Ideas with many issues, Technology is at par for action..and Animation is ofcourse the best...I can watch many animated movies,just like my kids.Have always a dare to try something new...and not very Box-office conscious!!

    5). Falling in love or loving? (Asshat question, I know)
    HMMM!!! FAlling in LOve...is a different feeling!! It gives a high...which I am sure no booze can LOL!!It makes u do things...which u have never done.It makes u feel warm and always smile...and want to do something to make the other smile...and if responded from other side as well..then its a Total Bliss!!An amazing feeling!!!
    Loving is always connected with the Family, friends, the "loved" one & definitely Fiction-Just Like our HOTWA "ASR"

    6). Arnav or Khushi? :)
    Do u even need to ask;-)))???...Hamesha!! Hamesha! Hotwa ARNAV!!
    What was that...in the NIKE shirt..OMG!!! I Was literally drooling when he was lying on the bed with one solid muscled arm up!! MY Hubby...wld definitely whack me one of these days.LOL!!!
    Barun's expressions with that hint of tease and amusement is getting way better and so attractive.Pashmeen is one lucky girl!!Bless her!!

    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 7). Would you rather be famous and rich or solidly worthy and middle-class? (Another asshat question. If you are not famous, but are rich or are middle-class but think you are unworthy, please skip!)
    I am a bit selfish here I need both.....I don't want to be very rich and famous...I can't handle too much attention...I need my space, which just vanishes when u r very famous.
    I want to be rich to be able to have some materialistic things and go to places , as I love to travel...but have to be solidly worthy.And right now, I think I am one,Knock on Wood!!
    I don't know whether I answered ur question here.

    8). Strawberries and cream OR Mango ice-cream? And why?
    Mango Ice cream.Although , I wld have even preferred Strawberries and Ice-cream, but not cream.Ice-cream, with anything is good with me:-)))

    9). Favorite childhood memory?
    Many!!But , one in particular when I had been to Mahableshwar & Khopoli with my cousins n family...and got ourselves drenched in the waterfalls.And some of the best memories I have when I used to go to beaches and Woods in Tripoli(Libya).School memories in Tripoli...awesome!!Sad, but now, the place is all in tethers.

    10). Do you have a hobby you pursue seriously? What is it? Please tell in detail so I can feel bad about my one-dimensional life.
    What are u saying??...I can never stick with one thing, very fickle n restless.Although,I enjoy reading and listening to music(very lame and so common,rt??) & love to travel n explore,try new adventures -like did MEGA ZIP & PArasailing!!Its heaven ...the adrenaline rush is something which is inexplicable.Its Zabardast!!!

    11). What's the one thing about yourself you like best?
    I never keep grudges...My mood never broods...I come out of the brooding in a jiffy...no matter how angry I am...a True Pathan(LOL!!)BWAHHAHHAH!!!- like the Boiling Milk!!I love to make n keep friends.

    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ash,

      Thanks for the wonderful, honest answers. I think I has you pegged pretty well. You are bindaas, dhansoo, ekdum mast and enjoy yourself and life to the fullest, and have a strong practical streak...essential for living this mundane life! I love Mahabaleshwar myself...live about 4 hours away, so been there a bunch of times when I was in India. I am glad we are friends dear. And am with you on Bolly vs Holly.

      Delete
  20. I hope u meet ur Grand Ma soon...it was very interesting to read through your likes and dislikes...and about your relationship with ur parents & Grand Ma.Thats absolutely adorable.
    Hope u become a scientist soon..hehehehh!!
    PG Wodenhouse is a stunner .

    Muuuaaanh!! Vidhs...Love you for this!!!Enjoyed soo much.Hugs n Hugs.

    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wishes and nice comments.

      *hugs*
      Vidhya

      Delete